WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. To function, WordPress has to be installed on a web server, which would either be part of an Internet hosting service or a network host in its own right. An example of the first scenario may be a service like WordPress.com, and the second case could be a computer running the software package WordPress.org. A local computer may be used for single-user testing and learning purposes. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 29.4% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2018. WordPress is reportedly the most popular website management or blogging system in use on the Web,supporting more than 60 million websites. WordPress has also been used for other application domains such as pervasive display systems (PDS).
Benefits of WordPress
- Search engine optimization: Those opposing WordPress argue that the platform is not SEO friendly. However, it is easy to fix this as WordPress offers several plugins and extensions that make the content SEO friendly. You can make your content search engine optimized by using SEO friendly plugins like Yoast.
- Easy to use: Creating a professional looking site with WordPress is easy as the platform is highly intuitive and easy to use. This makes it convenient for those that do not have professional designers to create high quality websites. It is easy to install plugins and adding content is simple and quick. The dashboard of WordPress is easy enough to add, edit or delete content without the help of a web designer.
- Quick and easy installation: Installing WordPress is like cakewalk. It requires a single click installation and you are on your way to creating a professional looking website with WordPress. Almost all hosting providers offer quick and easy WordPress installation.
- Secure platform: While no platform can be considered hundred percent secure, WordPress offers decent security. There are vulnerabilities but you can use the security plugins to ensure the safety of your website content. In addition, you should also take regular backups of your website and its database to ensure that in case of any hassles, you can have the data back.
- Hundreds of handy Plugins: WordPress offers hundreds of useful plugins for easy integration. With the given plugins, you can integrate with the social media, track your site’s metrics, do a podcast, turn your website into an online store and do so many other things. In fact you have a plugin for every possible activity on the internet. You can customize your site easily using the plugin.
- Strong community support: one of the greatest benefits of WordPress is that you have strong community support. With the share of WordPress developers being more than 25%, it is common knowledge that the numbers of people using it and supporting it are immense. You can find help from the community by way of online tutorials, eBooks, message boards and blogs. You can post your question on any of these options and you will get an answer.
Read More : SUBMIT FEATURE OF TUMBLR
- Theme customization: WordPress offers several themes to customize your website. Whatever your choice of look for your website, you are sure to find plenty of plugins for the same. You can find several templates that can be easily customized and used for the creation of your website.
- Regular updates: WordPress being an open source platform is used by so many people around the world. For this reason, it is updated regularly by the development community. These updates help in fixing the bugs and offering new features and functionality to the platform and those using it. Therefore WordPress is not static and is continually updated.